NEA Task 21 (Planning) : Photography Planning

1. Who will you be using as your models for each photograph (bear in mind that your photographs need to show representation of two distinct social groups)

I recommend doing some sample photographs with people you are considering using as this will help you to see how they 'perform' when having a camera in their face and are being 'directed' by you.

In relation to 'representation of two distinct social groups' I would advise you keep it both simple and obvious by representing two different genders or two different ethnicities across the two covers.

For the cover of the first magazine I will be casting Bradley Hillyer as the actor who will play Djimon Hounsou as he is taller than me, which will clearly represent the characters to the readers to give them a sense of authenticity and excitement about the content within the magazine. I will photograph him wearing jeans and a jumper, then I will photograph myself wearing racing gear to represent the main character stood next to his dad. I will use a software to merge the photos so it looks like we are stood together.

For the cover of my second magazine I will photograph ,, representing Costas Mandylor in Saw X. This will be achieved through the use of an underexposed image consisting of him with a serious face and a white shirt and tie. This will clearly show any readers what film the magazine is focused on to entice them.

2. What thought needs to be given to the following elements of mise-en-scene?

Location for photography? 

The photographs for the first cover will be taken outside my house for in order to mimic the scene of a race track with cars.

The photograph for the first cover will be taken in a dark room in my house to create a dark and scary mood.

Costume? 

In the first front cover Bradley will wear jeans and a jumper to represent a Dad, and I will wear a suit to represent a racing driver.

In the second front cover Bradley will wear a white shirt with a blazer that can be buttoned up to further create a scary tone to represent Saw X.

Props? 

In the first cover I will require a coffee cup as a prop to enhance Bradley's representation of a stereotypical father.

In the second cover I will not require any props as it will be a close up shot of Bradleys Face.

Body language of model? 

In the first front cover me and Bradley will both have a casual body language to represent a father and son standing together.

In the second front cover Bradley will have a serious and menacing look on his face to create a scary mood for the representation of Saw X.

Lighting? 

The first front cover will use daylight to light the photo as this will replicate the photo used for the film.

The second front cover will utilise dark lighting to create a scary and dark mood for the film.

3. Who will be taking your photographs and what equipment will they use?

I will be using a DSLR camera to create the photos as this will provide them with the highest quality and more control over the settings to create specific moods or tones. In the first front cover this will involve using bright settings.

In the second cover I will use darker settings to darken the background and create a more sinister tone.











































For the cover of the first magazine I will be casting Bradley Hillyer as the actor who will play Djimon Hounsou as he is taller than me, which will clearly represent the characters to the readers to give them a sense of authenticity and excitement about the content within the magazine. I will photograph him wearing jeans and a jumper, then I will photograph myself wearing racing gear to represent the main character stood next to his dad. I will use a software to merge the photos so it looks like we are stood together. 

For the cover of my second magazine I will photograph ,, representing Costas Mandylor in Saw X. This will be achieved through the use of an underexposed image consisting of him with a serious face and a white shirt and tie. This will clearly show any readers what film the magazine is focused on to entice them.

I will be casting Bradley Hillyer as  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed NEA

Dear Moderator,  My name is Ethan. Welcome to my A Level Media Studies blog. This is a record of the work I have undertaken for the Making M...